Today’s post is about the phrase Why not?
Let’s all do this.
Think of something you really want for yourself or your loved ones. And, as soon as your thoughts start to wander into the nay saying territory, just think…why not? Or scream it. Whatever you want.
This works for so many things in life. I feel like a lot of us are guilty of settling, selling ourselves short and not realizing the satisfaction we could be getting out of life. Of course, there are things you can’t control. But, that’s all the more reason to ask why not? when it’s something you may have some power over.
A few examples:
1. You think: I’d really like to get out more, meet more people and have more fun.
2. You think: I’d really like to go on a luxurious vacation next year.
3. You think: I’d really like to get in the best shape of my life
4. You think, I’d really like to call my friends and family more often. ( This is me!)
I am now asking, why not?
5. You think, I’d really like to be doing something I enjoy every day.
6. You think, I’d really like to get more sleep. (Me, again!)
I could go on all day. But, if you read through those items above, they might sound familiar. In the past few months, I’ve heard myself say a couple of those phrases, and heard the rest of them from people I love.
If we mean what we say, why aren’t we taking the steps to get to where we want to be?
Every week I say that I want to get more sleep. The truth? I haven’t committed to it, nor have I taken the steps to get there. When it comes down to it, I would rather get up early to workout before work. I’d rather stay up later than I should reading blogs or shopping online. But, here’s the great part: the things I’ve committed to and taken the steps to make happen, have happened!
Just goes to show you the true power we have over getting the things we desire out of life.
So, next time you find yourself down in the dumps because you don’t like your job, or you wish you were in better shape, ask yourself why not? And then, commit, take the steps and don’t look so surprised when things start going your way.